Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's a GIRL!

I went into the doctor’s office saying “we have to find out the gender TODAY!!” The ultrasound tech got really nervous as soon as she heard me say that.  She says it never fails for the people that HAVE to know – the baby doesn’t cooperate. The sonogram lasted a good 15 minutes while she checked over the baby thoroughly to make sure all was normal. She told me as soon as she saw it, she would stop and tell me. I waited, and waited, and waited and the baby would NOT uncross it’s legs. We came to the end of the ultrasound and she told me to come back after I saw the doctor and we would try ONE more time.
 
This is where things got crazy. I pulled out every yoga move I’ve ever learned: down-ward facing dog, half moon, sun salutation, seated forward bend, you name it! I finished off the Mountain Dew I started drinking before the ultrasound (“they say” it’s supposed to make the baby hyper), anything I could think of to get the baby moving around- I DID it. John David even took a few pictures. HA!

We saw the doctor and she said everything looked great. She prescribed me a few more meds to help with the nausea and vomiting (although, it looks like it just may be here until the baby arrives). The baby’s heart beat was perfect and the baby’s weight was right on track: a whopping seven OUNCES! The doctor wished us well and sent us back to the ultrasound tech. I skipped, bounced, jumped and twisted all the way down that hallway trying to get that baby to DO something!

She started the ultra sound and within a few seconds she said “Oh, no doubt!” “No doubt WHAT?!” and that’s when she said “It’s a GIRL!” John David leaned over, kissed me and said to my belly “Hello Miss Khloe Brooke.”

No comments:

Post a Comment