Friday, April 20, 2012

My 18 month old Khloe

I haven't updated Khloe's progress for almost 6 months now and it makes me sad! Naps used to be longer and her play time didn't consist of getting into every single thing in this house she knows she shouldn't. :)

Somebody out smarted Mommy & Daddy by crawling UNDER the gate. Ahhhh!


 First time play-doh experience! 

I've pulled out the dress up clothes a few times, and she has a blast with all the accessories!

I tell everyone that I love this age/stage. The first year of your first sweet newborn baby's life is spent worrying over every little runny nose and desperately clutching their hand so that they don't fall. These past few months have just been so fun watching her come down the curly slide all by herself, letting her run as fast as she can until she falls (and then kissing all the boo-boos), and finally letting her explore the big kids playground by herself (but keeping a very watchful eye and guiding hand as she needs it).



Such a big helper! She LOVES unloading the "Hoott hott" laundry and then helping mommy put it away! :)

Some of the basics:
  • Weighs about 23-24 pounds. 
  • Size 4 diapers, 18 month clothes, Size 5 1/2 - 6 shoes.
  • Sleeps 12-14 hours a night, without waking. 
  • Has 9 teeth, four JUST broke through in the past two weeks. 
  • Eats anything but ground beef (HATES it) and cantaloupe (which gives a very bad diaper rash?). Drinks 2-3 cups of milk per day.
  • Loves her Dee-dee (Bella). Poor dog spends most days under my bed hiding from K lol.
 Still very much loves the bath! :)
Here are some of the words she's saying these days...
  • Mommy
  • Dada (which Jd is very jealous she won't say Daddy)
  • Cookie (aka ANY type of food)
  • Nana (Banana)
  • Nana (Grandma), Gigi (Great Grandma), Poppa (Great Grandpa), KK (Auntie Kelli), Tootoo (Auntie Tooty)
  • Bebe (Bella)
  • Side (Outside) 
  • Wawa (Water) 
  • Sinnnng (Swing, which is her FAV!!)
  • Night-Night
  • Bankie (Blanket)
  • Baby (LOVES her baby dolls!!)
  • Poo poo, pee pee & Diaa (Diaper)
  • Counts to three: Waan, Duuu, Dweee!
  • Shew (Shoe)
  • Barrr (Barney..... oh how she loves Barney! I can't quit singing the songs too!)
  • Eye-Bibe (High five)
  • Duga-Duga-Duga (tickle-tickle-tickle!)
  • SDOP! (Stop!) 
  • She knows all body parts and can point to them individually. Daddy recently taught her where her Boobies are... I'm pretty sure he is going to regret that one! She runs around and pulls up her shirt and says BOOOOOBIES!!!! As loud as she can! LOL!
  • Oh, and we can't forget NO-NO!!
  • Dog
  • Car
  • Buuurd (Bird)
  • Haaat (Hat)
  • Ball
  • Light
 
Sometimes all that play time leads to an early nap!

If you know me and know about my secret baby blanket, you understand why Khloe holding onto to HER fav blanket for dear life is so funny. This thing goes EVERYWHERE with us!!! Ahhhhh!

I know I am forgetting more words and things she does, because this kid does NOT stop talking or doing! She's forming more sentences every day, they usually don't make much sense but when you ask her to repeat it, it sometimes sounds exactly what she said before!




We are loving summer already. Our fav playdate is at the fountains, and then at home she's loving our new flower spinning sprinkler! And what would a Mobile baby be if she didn't love the beach!!? :)

As sad as it makes me, my tiny little preemie baby is a full blown, bossy toddler now. And every time people tell me to cherish this time because it passes so quickly it silently breaks my heart because I know how much it's true.

Please stop growing sweet girl. I'm not ready for you to NOT fit in my arms anymore.



I love you Khloe, and no matter how old you get, you will always be mommy's baby girl! :) xoxo.

2 comments: