Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Drab 2 Fab: Ribbon Holder

A few years ago, my mother-in-law bought me this wrought iron blanket holder.


I have always loved it. I used it in Jackson when our family room was alot bigger. Our house now has a huge dining/sitting room and the family room is in an open floor plan with the kitchen. Our furniture is placed around the fireplace and it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for extras. 

The past few weeks I've been trying to come up with a solution for my ribbons. If you know me, you KNOW I can not even deal with this situation pictured below:


I originally bought some dowel rods and some boards from HL and was trying to figure out how I wanted to put it together. The other night I walked past this blanket holder and thought "Oh my goodness... that would be perfect!" I stopped everything I was doing just to put it together! : ) 


It's so perfect because now, you just pull the ribbon you want, cut and VOILA. No more digging through the super unorganized ribbon box. 

I know what you're thinking. What about the ribbon that you don't buy by the roll? Alot of times if you don't need a whole lot, it's cheaper to buy it by the foot. I ran to my supply closet and started digging through my boxes for a solution. Here's what I came up with!


Curtain Clips! Perfect. Easy on, easy off. I put extra on the rod for new ribbons as I collect them! 


I folded the extra ribbons to make it look a little nicer. I'm so excited about this project! Now, I can just stick it in my spare closet and add my ribbon rolls as I collect them. No more unorganization!! Yay!!


BEFORE:
 

AFTER:

No comments:

Post a Comment