Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

My first Mother's Day was last year. Two months Preggo. I threw up one minute before I took this pic! After five months of trying and failing, I was SO excited to finally have a bay-beeee in my belly!!! :)


My Mother's Day 2011: a seven month old Khloe, fast asleep in her proud, protective, and completely fulfilled momma's arms.

The hubby surprised me with a six foot palm tree and the absolute SWEETEST cards from he and Khloe. I cried like a baby! I adore that husband and baby of mine. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, I was put on this earth to be a wife and Momma to my lovies! {kisses}

Although I would like there to be another date in the year (other than my birthday) that is all about me, Mother's Day is to be shared. Ha! I came up with some cute little crafty projects but couldn't blog about it until Mother's Day was over. {The moms in my life stalk love my blog and facebook, ha!}

I don't know about you, but my Mom and MIL have just about everything. So, instead of just sending the totally expected "I love you / Happy Mother's Day" card, I thought it would be fun to make something special for them. What better way than use baby girl's hands and feet?!

I probably spent two hours googling "mother's day crafts." I found a lot of "big girl" crafts, but not many for babies. I finally gave up and just headed to the Dollar Tree {love} for inspiration.

Here's what I came home with:


I used the back of a Diet Sunkist box to trace one hand and one foot. I couldn't keep Miss Wiggles still enough to individually draw them for each project.


 I flipped and re-traced for the opposite hand/foot.


So much easier when you have a template!



The styrofoam squares were 4 for a dollar and fit perfectly in the cute tin cans.


The store I was at didn't have any popsicle sticks, so I rummaged around the store until I found something that would work. Straws. It made it even easier to cut to different lengths.


Next up, hot glue. {How do people go through life without a hot glue gun?!?! I've been thinking that it's time for me to invest in an upgrade on mine!}


I cut the "stems" and glued to the straws.


The hot mess/crazy baby going on in the living room during this project


Blank ink, cute fonts, and printer paper.


I used scrapbook scissors to dress the label up. (Which, I'm not REAL sure who or where they come from, but I have like 10)



 And here's the finished project:


I thought they turned out real REAL cute.


Mother's Day cards: $3.99

Grandma's "bouquet" from 7mo Khloe: Priceless (or $4.00 a piece if you ask Dollar Tree).


And did I mention I made three corsages for three very special women?!!?



When I tried to order a couple, the florist told me they started at $29.99 a piece. I decided that it just couldn't be THAT hard. I ended up making THREE for $12.00. Apparently, this is the new business venture I need to begin. That's just crazy! :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Momma's Day!! I can't wait to see how much Khloe how grown by this time next year!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. The gift was adorable! Thanks for sharing the blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome. You have such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little bit jealous that I didn't make one for myself!! I may have to do that soon :)

    Thanks Elaine. I try really hard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW this was my first comment ever on one of your blogs hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u R awesome girl!!!! Love u lots and so very proud of you and the great things you have done in your life! May God continue to bless you and yours.....:)....love Cousin Teresa Tansil

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so sweet het I really liked your idea! You did good!!! :))

    ReplyDelete