Monday, February 28, 2011

DIY: High Chair Makeover

This high chair belonged to my adorable, almost 5 year old, little cousin Lauren. My Grandma found it at a yard sale and paid $5.00 for it. The inside cushion was either misplaced or thrown away over the years.

 

So, Grandma and I sat out on a mission to make a cushion. I found these two old seat cushions out in one of her storage sheds. Turns out these were the cushions that my Great Grandma used on her patio for years until she bought new ones.

I wanted a fabric that would match my kitchen/living room, and that was totally "Heather-ish." I found this gorgeous print at Hobby Lobby, on sale for $4.00 a yard. I only needed one yard. SCORE.





We were in somewhat of a hurry so Grandma wouldn't let me sew it. She said she could do it MUCH faster. Yea, I get your point, I'm slow. LOL. Practice makes perfect, but I don't know if I will ever be as good as my Gma!
Is it bad that I COVET her amazing sewing machine??


BEFORE

AFTER

Something Old, Something Borrowed Taken, Something New. :)

Total Cost for High Chair AND cushions: $9.00

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Do you just sew the fabric right into the creases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Just sew through the fabric AND the cushion. Super easy.

    ReplyDelete