Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Guilty pleasures!

I added a new label to the bloggity blog a couple months ago called “Confessions!” (Catch up on those here). This week I thought it would be fun to share a few of my guilty pleasures. You know.. the little things that make life just a little bit more fun.

Wikipedia says a guilty pleasure is “something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The "guilt" involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes.” 

These are just a few of the little things that make my heart flutter! {try not to judge me TOO hard!} :)  

  1. Candy. I'm not talking about chocolate. I'm talking about hard, sour and tart candy. Skittles, Sweet Tarts, Gummy Bears, Starburst, lemon drops.. I could sit and eat candy, literally, all day long. You can find random candy pieces floating around the bottom of my purse pretty much all the time. It’s bad for my teeth, it’s wasted calories, but I LOVE it.
  1. Reality TV. I’m talking about the super juicy ones, like ALL of the Real Housewives, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Teen Mom, and I even admit that there may be some "fist pumping" going on around these parts!!     Ummmmm… STOP judging me!
  1. Popcorn at the movies. But wait, I'm not talking about just a large buttery popcorn, I'm talking about the large, buttered halfway AND on top, and then smothered with the white cheddar popcorn seasoning!! I DIE!!!
  1. Scaring people. Like hitting the bathroom door super hard while Jd is showering, or standing beside the door and waiting for someone to walk in and scream in their face. I don’t know why, but I just LOVE it!!
  1. Vacations. Going out of town with my hubs, eating out every night, doing fun things that cost too much money…all because it’s VACATION.  No work and all play. Making memories that last a life time. I absolutely heart vacation!!!!
 Wax Museum, New York City 2008

  1. Shopping. It doesn’t matter if it’s the Goodwill, The Dollar Tree, Walmart or the Mall. Shopping is a drug to me that makes everything feel better! :)
  1. Facebook. There is no better way to catch up on gossip, look at embarrassing pictures of friends, ex-friends, or better yet ex-boyfriends. Do not even TRY to deny it. You KNOW you do it too.

  1. Jammies and a ponytail. Unless I have errands to run, or know someone is coming over, you will most likely find me in mismatched pajamas and my hair pulled back into a pony tail and then piled on top of my head in no sort of cute fashion. My poor hubby. Some days I do attempt to run a brush through my hair before he gets home. {SOME days..}

  2. Pampering. It would be so much easier if I didn't enjoy getting my nails done. Or paying (an arm and a leg) for a day at the spa. Or having my eye brows waxed instead of taking time out of my oh-so-busy day to tweeze them. What can I say?!? I'm a girly girl and I thouroughly enjoy some pampering.

  3.  Watching Khloe cry. Does this make me a bad mom? LOL! Sometimes she's just SO stinkin' adorable when she puckers that lip! The words "NO NO" have recently began to hurt her feelings and just as she begins to pucker I can't help but almost laugh.

Tell me, tell me! What is a few of your guilty pleasures? Think about it. Write it down. Laugh at yourself (and then let me laugh at you too!) ; )

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment