Monday, July 11, 2011

The Royal Wedding Shower

My baby sister is getting marrrrried. I can't believe it. It seems just like yesterday that she was hiding my car keys and not telling us where they were until Kelli and I agreed to let her  go shopping with us. (Which, she JUST confessed a couple weeks ago that she regularly did this!!!! BRAT!)

I have been living vicariously through her wedding preparations recreating what I SHOULD have done for my wedding. We have had a lot of fun shopping and planning her big day. Though I have become her personal slave, I have enjoyed every minute of being the "wise big sister!" I told her a couple weeks ago that I didn't care how old she was or if she was married I would STILL boss her around and that would NEVER change. :)- 

My sister, Kelli, and I hosted Toot's lingerie shower a couple weeks ago at my Grandma's house. We asked everyone on the invites to wear a hat for this ROYAL event! ;)


A picture of the gorgeous bride-to-be wearing a "Wife in training" badge that I made out of tissue paper and mosquito netting.


The food table. Very disappointed at how blurry it turned out. :(


Super fun and cute cake pops we made.


We couldn't have a party without pepperoni bagel bites. Our fav!



Cupcake toppers made from my printer, hot glue, and toothpicks : )


Such a cute and super cheap accessory to add some FRILL!



You know when you are coming to a party hosted by the Allison girls there WILL be chicken and ketchup. Our menu consisted of: chicken & cheese quesadillas, pepperoni bagel bites, sausage balls, chicken strips, mexican cheese dip, salsa, fruit sticks, strawberry shortcake, strawberry cupcakes, and strawberry cake balls dipped in white and dark chocolate. So yummy!




Yummy pink lemonade with strawberries and lemons.



I loved the personal touch of the custom napkin holders.


I really expected Khloe to be asleep for the night by the time the party started. I wish I would have dressed her up in a cute hat too!


Some girlfriends from Toot's school.


This gag gift was definitely the best laugh of the night. Thanks Kelli for helping me get it together!


Her expression was just priceless opening a lot of the gifts!


Thank you so much to all the girls that wore hats. So cute!


Sisters!


Great turn out, great food, great gifts, and great memories! Thank you to everyone that let me boss you around and make my baby sister's shower perfecto! 

19 days and counting until the big day!! Bittersweet!

ps. Kelli, can I convince you to do a destination wedding???!?!?!? ha ha ha. jk. I will do it all for you again babe!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOGS!!!
    Your SOOO awesome het! You def are the best big SIs in the world!!!!!! :))

    ReplyDelete