Thursday, March 24, 2011

Homemade Baby Food: Week 2

I have a new book, Super Baby Food, coming in any day now. I've heard this is the "bible" of making your own baby food, so I'm pretty excited to get it and read through. 

My favorite website for recipes that I have found is Wholesome Baby Food. It has a little bit of everything you need to know about feeding your baby. It has been a really great resource for me.

We are taking things slow and only introducing new foods every 4-7 days. Khloe has been LOVING those carrots, and after 7 days I knew she was ready for something new.
 
Sweet Potatoes!

These were super easy.

Wash & poke holes.


Wrap in foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30-60 minutes or until soft. Baking sweet potatoes is the very best way to cook them. Baking  brings out their natural sweetness and good flavor while retaining the most nutrients.


I'm not a big sweet potato fan, but they smelt so yummy after cooking for an hour.


Remove skins by cutting in half lengthwise and scoop out the "meat".


Use your preferred liquid source to thin as you puree.


Three sweet potatoes made two ice trays = 32 ounces of baby food.


Khloe LOVES them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment