Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Neighbor's Trash = Heather's Treasure!!

I found this patio table, along with two side tables at a Goodwill in Memphis a couple years ago. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but it was super cheap. I think maybe $10 for the whole set. The table didn't come with the glass top, but I knew I could make something for it. I stole the chairs from my Grandma's backyard. HA!


I have a couple boxes of tile left over from the kitchen floor and planned on using it, but was going to have to buy the cement board and the glue to apply it. You know I'm too cheap to do all that.

A couple weeks ago, I noticed our neighbor across the street put a pile of wood out by the curb. I convinced John David that we had to have it. Being the amazing husband he is, he went and picked it up and added it to our growing wood collection!{love him} Turns out there were some really expensive pieces of wood in the stack! Score!

I have to admit, this project was John David's design. He took three large mismatched pieces of wood (all of which came from the neighbor's curb) made a base for them to sit on and then screwed it to the metal base. 

He used the skill saw to even out the wood pieces and then sanded the top and the sides down.


I have had this one small can of stain for probably three years now and I must have used it for fifteen projects. This small can goes a long way! The only part I have in this project was the staining.


And VOILA! The neighbor's trash = Our Treasure!!


Total Cost: Super Cheap.
Love that husband!

And LOVE Grandma!! :)-

2 comments:

  1. Heather, your blog has been an inspiration to me! I have always wanted to fix up things from garage sales, flea markets, and my neighbor's trash as well but didn't know how! Just wanted to let you know how amazing everything you are doing is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how or why, but I am just now seeing your comment! That's so sweet Emily! Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to your new blog, www.perfectlypeyton.blogspot.com, and what you will come up with!! Good job! :) Thanks for showing the love! :)

    ReplyDelete