Monday, March 28, 2011

Organized Ribbon Heaven!

Remember the blanket rack turned ribbon holder I showed you guys a few months ago?


Yah. That lasted for about a minute until all four racks were smashed together and completely overwhelming. I have been racking my brain for weeks on a new solution.

I needed a system that was super organized, mobile, and capable of adding as I go.

Let me just start by saying this was NOT a quickie. The hubby was sick AND on-call, so it didn't make it feel so time consuming, but looking back I spent pretty much my whole weekend working on this.

I bought 5 matte boards at Hobby Lobby marked down to 1.00 each. {I originally bought three and halfway through the project realized I was definitely going to need more.}


Using a razor blade I cut it into 150 4x6" boards. 

I took all the ribbons off their spools and began wrapping them around these 4x6" boards. I started by taping one end of the ribbon to the board and after the opposite end was completely wrapped I stuck a straight pin through it to keep it from coming loose.



Clearly, the ribbons must be color coordinated.




The drawers were then placed in the three drawer storage container that I had out in my storage shed {I know, I know.. How MUCH junk do I have out there!?!}


HOLY ORGANIZED RIBBON HEAVEN! This makes me happy! :) 

Total Cost: $5!

No comments:

Post a Comment